logo

Thông báo

Icon
Error

Tùy chọn
Xem
Xem bài viết cuối Go to first unread
chuotyeugao367  
#1 Đã gửi : 29/12/2011 lúc 03:25:22(UTC)
chuotyeugao367

Danh hiệu: Newbie

Nhóm: Registered
Gia nhập: 29-12-2011(UTC)
Bài viết: 7
Đến từ: Ho Chi Minh City

Cảm ơn: 3 lần
Được cảm ơn: 1 lần trong 1 bài viết

Full name: Nguyen Thi Thanh Lan

Workplace: HCMC University of Education – English Department

Grade: University level (Intermediate and/or above)

Website adapted: Best of Bilash: Improving Second Language Education (http://www2.education.ualberta.ca/staff/olenka.Bilash/best%20of%20bilash/home1.html)

Activity adopted: “Information Gap – Find Your Partner”

(http://www2.education.ualberta.ca/staff/olenka.Bilash/best%20of%20bilash/info%20gap%20activities.html)

My activity in class:

• Name: “Find your Ms. / Mr. Right”
  • Time allotted: 15 minutes
  • Number of students: around 40 university students
  • Subject: Semantics (Linguistics)

I taught them the session of Adjective Order. After presenting the theory (Opinion Size Shape Age Color Origin Material Purpose Noun) and giving example, I divided my class into 9 groups (4 or 5 students / each).

At home, I did prepare 9 cards. The label for the card would be one of the nine elements of the adjective order. I asked each group to choose one card randomly. Each person in the group would write down one word according to their label. Then each group would stand in one separate place showing their words. Next, all of them would move, look at each other and found the right people so that they would become a complete noun phrase with the correct order of adjectives. Students enjoyed this activity because it was so funny that they could remember the lesson and helped them motivate and relax, too.

Number of words: 147 words

Sửa bởi người viết 09/02/2012 lúc 06:35:09(UTC)  | Lý do: Chưa rõ

thanks 1 người cảm ơn chuotyeugao367 cho bài viết.
nguyenhuongtd3 trên 31-12-2011(UTC) ngày
Tran Lam Son  
#2 Đã gửi : 29/12/2011 lúc 03:30:25(UTC)
Tran Lam Son

Danh hiệu: Administration

Nhóm: Administrators
Gia nhập: 02-04-2010(UTC)
Bài viết: 1,074
Đến từ: Vietnam

Cảm ơn: 12 lần
Được cảm ơn: 149 lần trong 121 bài viết

Thanks for your entry. I think you've found a great task for your lesson. It's really good to visualize with different labels to raise awareness of adjective order. How many rounds did you repeat that activity? I guess one is not enough for students as they all loved that.

thanks 1 người cảm ơn Tran Lam Son cho bài viết.
chuotyeugao367 trên 29-12-2011(UTC) ngày
Nguyenmaihong  
#3 Đã gửi : 29/12/2011 lúc 03:34:20(UTC)
Nguyenmaihong

Danh hiệu: Advanced Member

Bài viết: 76

Cảm ơn: 98 lần
Được cảm ơn: 128 lần trong 43 bài viết
Tks for sharing with us. I love your idea, but how they can make a complete noun phrase cause you said they write Adjectives. Anyway, u make a Language focus lesson communicative. Congrats!
thanks 1 người cảm ơn Nguyenmaihong cho bài viết.
chuotyeugao367 trên 29-12-2011(UTC) ngày
chuotyeugao367  
#4 Đã gửi : 29/12/2011 lúc 03:42:33(UTC)
chuotyeugao367

Thank you very much for your question.

Because there were many students and time was limited, I just asked them to try to find their partners so that they could stand in 1 line with their complete noun phrase (they can make funny meanings but with correct order). So, in this case, I gave them only one round but they had to be creative.

This activity can be applied for teaching vocabulary such as: synonyms - antonyms - collocations and even grammatical points.

chuotyeugao367  
#5 Đã gửi : 29/12/2011 lúc 03:52:01(UTC)
chuotyeugao367

Nguyenmaihong đã viết:
Tks for sharing with us. I love your idea, but how they can make a complete noun phrase cause you said they write Adjectives. Anyway, u make a Language focus lesson communicative. Congrats!

Thanks for your useful question.

To answer your question, I will give an example: If this group chose the card with the label "Shape". Each person in this group would write down 1 adj about shape: round, triangle, square, etc. And there would be a group chose the card of Noun and then they could jot down any noun they liked.

Sửa bởi người viết 29/12/2011 lúc 03:54:28(UTC)  | Lý do: Chưa rõ

chuotyeugao367  
#6 Đã gửi : 30/12/2011 lúc 12:43:07(UTC)
chuotyeugao367

One question that I got from facebook site:

TrinhThi Diep I wonder is it too easy for students at intermediate level? The label for the card would be one of the nine elements of the adjective order. Why they have to make a noun phrase at the end? Where the noun is mentioned in the instruction??????

My answer is:

‎@Trinh Thi Diep: The Adjective Order session belongs to Noun Phrase period (in Semantics subject). When I said, the label of the card would be one of the nine elements, I also meant Noun (if I didn't mention Noun, there were only 8). The p...urpose of this class was to help SS recognize a complete Noun Phrase (NP) and Adjective Order was just one component of NP. This activity seems to be easy but it was not easy at all because SS had to remember the order or they could debate or discuss with other people to make the complete ones.
Thank you very much for your question, if you have further questions, feel free to ask me so that we can share experience to each other.

#7 Đã gửi : 07/01/2012 lúc 10:19:53(UTC)

Danh hiệu: Guest

Nhóm: Guests
Gia nhập: 04-03-2010(UTC)
Bài viết: 4,767

Được cảm ơn: 566 lần trong 527 bài viết

I taught them the session of Adjective Order. After presenting the theory (Opinion Size Shape Age Color Origin Material Purpose Noun) and giving example, I divided my class into 9 groups (4 or 5 students / each).

At home, I did prepare 9 cards. The label for the card would be one of the nine elements of the adjective order. I asked each group to choose one card randomly. Each person in the group would write down one word according to their label. Then each group would stand in one separate place showing their words. Next, all of them would move, look at each other and found the right people so that they would become a complete noun phrase with the correct order of adjectives. Students enjoyed this activity because it was so funny that they could remember the lesson and helped them motivate and relax, too.

singular- plural form

What a shame!

chuotyeugao367  
#8 Đã gửi : 07/01/2012 lúc 06:45:59(UTC)
chuotyeugao367

Guest đã viết:

singular- plural form

What a shame!

In addition. this activity can be used to teach prefix, suffix. You ask some students write down the root in the paper, and other writes the prefix / suffix. Then they will move around the room, discuss and dicide whom they should go together with so that they can add a prefix / suffix to the root correctly.

Ai đang xem chủ đề này?
Di chuyển  
Bạn không thể tạo chủ đề mới trong diễn đàn này.
Bạn không thể trả lời chủ đề trong diễn đàn này.
Bạn không thể xóa bài của bạn trong diễn đàn này.
Bạn không thể sửa bài của bạn trong diễn đàn này.
Bạn không thể tạo bình chọn trong diễn đàn này.
Bạn không thể bỏ phiếu bình chọn trong diễn đàn này.